Maman Pierrette Traditional Fruit Pudding
1 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven at 350°F. Grease mould 9" x 13".
2. Beat eggs, butter and sugar until foamy.
3. Mix flours and baking powder.
4. Alternate flour mix and milk into foamy mix.
5. Add vanilla. Once blended stop stirring.
6. Spread fruits in mould. (If fruits are sour, add sugar) Pour batter over fruits. Cook for ½ hour or until done.
Maple Syrup Dip
2. In a food processor, combine flour, butter, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; process until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add milk; pulse just until moistened, 4 or 5 times. Do not overprocess.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface; with floured hands, gently pat dough into a 4-by-8-inch rectangle.
4. Dust a large knife with flour; cut dough into 8 squares. Transfer to a baking sheet; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Bake until golden, 25 to 30 minutes; cool on baking sheet. To serve, split biscuits with a serrated knife; layer with berries and whipped cream.
2. Using a 1 ½ -inch ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment, spacing evenly apart. Sprinkle with sanding sugar, and bake until golden brown, 24 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool. Cookies are best served immediately, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 day.
Arugula Salad with Strawberries
2. In a small bowl, whisk together another tablespoon balsamic vinegar with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. To the strawberries, add vinaigrette, walnuts, and arugula. Toss to combine, and serve.
2. Pulse remainder until smooth. Stir puree into mixture in bowl. Pour into 3-ounce moulds or plastic cups, insert sticks (plastic of wooden coffee stir sticks), and freeze until solid, at least 8 hours.
Yogurt with Strawberries and Honey